Click to see All WigJigs & Accessories
Using a WigJig®
You will have endless creative opportunities for your wire designs with our line of WigJig® products. The transparent WigJig® products are constructed of aircraft strength acrylic. So strong, they can be used in a vise.
When using one of the many Wig Jigs® that we carry, turn the actual jig. Instead of working really hard to pull the wire around the pegs, it is much easier just to turn the actual jig and use it’s momentum do all of the work for you!
WigJig® vs. Other Jigs
Where do we begin? All WigJigs® are constructed of aircraft-strength acrylic. This material is so strong that it can be used in a vise. The best thing about using this type of material is that the peg holes will never wear out and enlarge. If you use a plastic or a wood jig, the holes will eventually grow from wear and tear. Then, the pegs slip and slide out easily, making it hard to design efficiently. Since this material is clear, you can lay your WigJig® down right on a pattern, plug in your pegs and start designing. It is not so simple or easy with a metal jig to follow a pattern.
There are currently 6 WigJigs® to choose from:
- Olympus (5"square/large peg holes/square pattern)
- Olympus-Lite (3"x4" square/large peg holes/square pattern)
- Electra (5" square/large peg holes/round pattern)
- Delphi (3" square/small peg holes/square pattern)
- Cyclops (4.5" square/small peg holes/round pattern)
- Centaur Lite (4" square/small peg holes/square and round pattern).
View Templates supplied by WigJig® for each jig:
(Templates require free Adobe Acrobat software)
Here are project ideas using the WigJig®: